to your Favourites...
After hours of industrial testing and research, this simple blueberry muffin recipe produces a classic, moist and light muffin that is perfect as a snack or breakfast.
- 200g plain flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 20g baking powder
- 5g salt
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 200ml milk
- 4 eggs
- 200g blueberries
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: about 10 muffins
- Heat the oven to 170°c.
- Put the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl and stir them together until they are thoroughly mixed.
- Put the oil, water and egg into another bowl and whisk together so its frothy.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and quickly mix them together making sure you don’t over mix it (a few lumps are okay).
- Fold the blueberries into the batter and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Line a muffin tray with paper cases (if you don’t have any then make sure the muffin tray is very very non-stick, the muffins will stay moist for longer if they are in cases). Fill the cases nearly to the top with the muffin batter making sure each one has a good amount of fruit in it.
- Put the tray into the oven and bake them for 30 – 35 minutes, until they are a light golden brown colour. To make sure they are properly cooked, push a cocktail stick into the middle of a muffin and then remove it; if the cocktail stick comes out with liquid batter on it, the muffins will need longer in the oven.
- When the muffins are cooked, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool in the muffin tray
- When they are at room temperature they are ready to eat.